TURKEY BURGERS WITH EVERGREEN LANE CAMEMBERT & SMOKY AIOLI
Evergreen Lane's La Mancha Moo! Camembert style cheese brings your regular ole' turkey burger to life!
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of Century Sun Organic Sunflower Oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1lb of ground turkey (dark meat preferred)
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 sliced rings red pepper
- 4 1oz slices of Evergreen Lane La Mancha Moo! Camembert
- 4 brioche buns
- Toast cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until you smell the aromatics and the seeds get a little darker in color. Make sure to stir the seeds often. Let the seeds cool. Finely grind the seeds in a spice grinder, coffee grinder, or a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Whisk mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of Century Sun Oil, fresh lemon juice, smoked paprika, garlic and ground spices in a bowl. Season the aioli to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the ground turkey into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of your aioli and mix. Divide the turkey into 4 equal portions, and form into patties.
- Lightly oil the sliced red peppers and red onion and season with salt. Use a cast iron skillet or grill to soften the pepper and onions. I like them with a little char on them. Once you have them to your desired level of cook, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Use a cast iron skillet to cook the turkey patties or you can grill them. Salt and pepper the turkey patties before placing them onto the grill or skillet. Cook the burger for aprox. 9 minutes. Top each burger with 1 oz of Evergreen Lane camembert and cook 1 minute longer or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Place each burger onto the bottom of the brioche bun. Top the burger with red onion, arugula, and a dollop of aioli.
- Serve with your favorite roasted vegetable, side salad, sweet potato fries, or kale chips.