Comfort food on a cold and snowy night. This will warm your soul!
- 6-7 russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 oz Smoking Goose 'nduja
- 28oz Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- Anchovies packed in oil (2 fillets)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Kosher salt to taste
- 6 oz Red Barn Family Farms Cupola
- Parsley, chopped
- Puree 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes and anchovies.
- Warm oil in medium pot. Add chopped garlic until it starts to brown and become fragrant.
- Add 'nduja to the pot, stirring to help melt in down. Once the 'nduja becomes very soft, add the tomato puree.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.
- Remove from heat until you are ready to boil the gnocchi. Then set heat to low while you boil the batches of gnocchi.
- Preheat oven to 350. Prick potatoes all over and set directly on the rack in the oven. Set rack in the top 1/3 of oven. Let cook until very tender, about 1 hour.
- Take potatoes out and let cool just enough to handle. Peel the skins.
- Put the potatoes through a food mill or a ricer onto a paper towel lined baking sheet. This will help absorb extra moisture. Let cool completely.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl and add 3/4 cup of flour and 1 tbsp of salt. Mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Lightly flour your hands and divide dough into 6 portions. Roll each portion into long ropes, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut each rope into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Boil water in a large pot. Once water comes to boil, add salt.
- Working in 4 large batches add the gnocchi to the boiling water. When they begin to float, remove them from the water (approx. 3 minutes), add them directly into your red sauce.
- Serve with grated Cupola and fresh chopped parsely