TASSO WITH GREENBEANS
Southern delight with Smoking Goose Tasso
- 2 ounces Smoking Goose tasso ham
- 3 pounds fresh green beans - ends removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Century Sun Organic Sunflower Oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple-cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cut Smoking Goose Tasso into julienne strips. Set aside.
Fill a large pot with water; bring to a boil. Add beans; cook until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Place skillet over medium heat and add the butter and Century Sunflower Oil. When butter is melted, add onions and garlic; saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add green beans, and turn heat to high; toss until beans are heated through, about 2 minutes.
Add ham, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; saute until ham renders fat, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.