Easy weeknight dinner that embraces the new season. Spring is finally here!
Recipe and photo provided by Holly
1.5 cups Acini di pepe
2 tbsp. Olive oil
3 oz Smoking Goose Jowl Bacon, chopped
1 Medium sweet onion, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2.5 cups of low sodium chicken broth
1 cup shelled fresh peas (frozen is fine too)
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped (plus more for serving)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water until very al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid (do not rinse pasta!)
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a skillet and cook the bacon until it is brown around the edges.
- Add the wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until the onion is translucent, another 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta, stirring often until the pasta is al dente and the broth has thickened.
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Add the peas and chopped mint, stirring until the peas are warmed.
- Plate and top with Fresh Chevre, drizzled olive oil, black pepper, and more mint.