Creamy, salty decadence
- 6-7 russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 16oz of Sequatchie Bellamy Blue
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Chive chopped
- Bring 2 cups of heavy cream to a light boil in a saucepan.
- Wisk in crumbled blue cheese until melted.
- Turn off heat
- Preheat oven to 350. Prick potatoes all over and set directly on the rack in the oven. Set rack in the top 1/3 of oven. Let cook until very tender, about 1 hour.
- Take potatoes out and let cool just enough to handle. Peel the skins.
- Put the potatoes through a food mill or a ricer onto a paper towel lined baking sheet. This will help absorb extra moisture. Let cool completely.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl and add 3/4 cup of flour and 1 tbsp of salt. Mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Lightly flour your hands and divide dough into 6 portions. Roll each portion into long ropes, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut each rope into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Boil water in a large pot. Once water comes to boil, add salt.
- Working in 4 large batches add the gnocchi to the boiling water. When they begin to float, remove them from the water (approx. 3 minutes), add them directly into your blue cheese sauce.
- Serve with fresh chopped chives.