- 2 Cup diced onlon
- 1 Cup diced carrot
- 1 Cup diced celery
- 3 Tbs chopped garlic
- 2 Cups Cascina Belvedere Carnaroli Italian Rice
- 2 Cups white wine
- 8 Cups chicken stock
- 16ozEvergreen Lane Mattone diced
- 2 Cups baby spinach
- 3 /4 Cup julienned sundried tomato
- 1 Tsp thyme
- 2 Tbs finely chopped basil
- 3 Tbs Olive oil
- 3 Tbs room temperature butter
1. Over medium heat add olive oil into a 8 qt stock pot.
2. Sweat carrot, celery, garlic &onion. Reduce to medium-low heat.
3. Add rice and toast until it smells slightly nutty...DON'T BURN!
4. Add your white wine, once the wine is almost absorbed add your chicken stock 1 cup at a time. Let the rice soak up stock add a cup at a time until your risotto is al dente.
5. When your risotto has the perfect consistency remove from heat. Add your basil, thyme, sundried tomatoes & mattone.
6. Gently stir until the mattone is melted throughout your rice, add your butter and cover. Let set for 10 mins.
7. Stir 1 final time and serve as is or pair it with the protein of your choice and enjoy!