Serving size- makes 1/ 10-12in thin pizza
1/2 cup Luke warm water
1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 tsp honey
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 sweet onion roughly chopped
2 tablespoons butter
6 cloves garlic roughly chopped
1/2 cup chopped Castel-Vetrano Olives
3 pieces La Quercia Prosciutto Americano
1 cup Evergreen Lane Mattone roughly chopped
2 tbl olive oil
1 tbl Pecorino Romano
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees
- Dissolve honey and yeast in water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, caramelize onions in a hot cast iron skillet with butter. Let them get fragrant and darken up and then add garlic. Reduce heat and let simmer.
- Add flour and salt to water mixture. Mix together with spoon first, then knead until dough doesn't stick to your hands. Gradually add a pinch flour until right consistency. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Gradually stretch out dough from center outward until nice thin and about 10-12 in.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the dough first, then the caramelized onions and garlic.
- Then add chunks of Mattone, don't be shy! On top of the cheese sprinkle pieces of olives and torn pieces of prosciutto.
- Use pizza stone, grill, or sheet pan. Bake for 10-15 min at 500 degrees.
- Top with sprinkles of Pecorino Romano and dig in!!!