BELLAMY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
A little sweet and savory...
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 3/4 cup Sequatchie Bellamy Blue Cheese
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- grease muffin pan
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of blueberries and stir
- Whisk eggs, yogurt, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and Bellamy Blue cheese in a bowl and combine until creamy.
- Gently fold egg mixture into dry ingredients just to combine.
- Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Top with remaining blueberries
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar
- Bake muffins, rotating pan halfway thorugh
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack