GREEN HARISSA CHICKEN STUFFED W/ MATTONE & ARUGULA
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded for low heat. Keep seeds if you want it spicy. Remove stems
- 2 small scallions, sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8oz Mattone, sliced
- 1 Cup Arugula, sauteed
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1tbs butter
- Cooking twine
- Halve chicken breasts horizontally, keeping 1 long side attached; open halves like a book. Pound breasts until 1/4-inch thick. Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Lay 4oz of sliced mattone and 1/2 cup of sauteed arugula on top of the butterflied check breast and roll the breast tight, tuck in the sides and tie with chicken twine to keep rolled. Repeat the process with the other chicken breast.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Using a cast iron skillet, melt butter and add the stuffed chicken. Brown the chicken on all sides.
- Once the chicken is browned, place the skillet with chicken into the oven and bake it for about 8-10 minutes.
- While chicken is in the oven make the green harissa.
- Lightly toast cumin and coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until fragrant, 2-3 minutes; let cool.
- Purée seeds with serrano pepper, scallions, garlic, oil, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Once the chicken is cooked. Be sure to let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut off the twine, plate, and drizzle the harissa over the chicken.
- Serve it with your favorite side dish!