QUICK CHICKEN & LA QUERCIA SPICY BORSELLINO PAELLA
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
1 1/2 teaspoon Sacred Valley Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 large boneless chicken thighs
4 ounces La Quercia Spicy Borsellino sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 tablespoon Village Batch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups vegetable broth
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix wine and saffron threads in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine salt, smoked paprika, and black pepper in small bowl
- Rub spice mixture all over chicken thighs
- Heat heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat
- Add Borsellino and saute until fat begins to render and sausage browns, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer Borsellino to large plate
- Add olive oil to skillet and add chicken thighs to cook until browned, about 4 minutes each side.
- Transfer chicken to plate with Borsellino
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add onion to cook until translucent, stirring often about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Add Carnaroli risotto rice and stir to coat. Add wine-saffron mixture and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes with juice, and roasted red peppers.
- Bring to simmer. Stir in browned Borsellino. Place chicken thighs, skin side up, atop mixture in skillet.
- Cover skillet and tightly with foil, then cover skillet with the lid and bake until rice is almost tender about 25 minutes.
Recipe from Bon Appetit